Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Potholder

It is done. When I mentioned that I had achieved a major knitting milestone but wasn't going to discuss it until The Man noticed, The Man started marching around the house looking for whatever it was that he hadn't noticed. Then he unearthed the potholder (then unblocked) and held it up in a lump and said, WOW!







Now I ask you, does that blue lump look WOW-worthy? It does not. But if you block it, it becomes WOW-worthy.



I think we've been through the blocking process before, but let's review.

First, ya get it good n wet:






Then, ya stretch it out and pin it in place.





That sounds easy, but it can be tricky. You want a symmetrical piece to turn out symmetrically, so it helps to measure things, a lot, which I failed to do, and because of which the potholder is not quite symmetrical. Oh well.



Also, if you have a needy beagle, the pinning process is complicated by him being a big baby and getting underfoot.




He is sulking, because he doesn't believe that I could possibly be involved in any situation that would not benefit from Kirbyhelp.

When it is dry, ya need to find something to drape it over so you can take a nice photo. I chose this:







Isn't it pretty?



This one is a little out of focus, but I think it came out nice.
The Man had just come in from cutting the grass, so now the potholder smells like stinky sweaty The Man head. I wish I had thought of that first.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The model is pretty, but the potholder is prettier! And sweet smelling, I'm sure!

Anonymous said...

Are you sure that is the man; my first reaction was that it was a senorita out and about with her chaperon.