Tuesday, November 13, 2007

I'm working on it.

So, there is no yarn store in the mall. There are, however, plenty of comfy places at the Swank Inn to sit and knit. And so I did. Here is what's in the pipeline:

1) Beagle blanket. Boring, ugly, and untouched for weeks. And it is not going to satisfy my goal of using up the ugly brown yarn I hate.

2) Tofu socks. I'm about to work the heel flap on sock number one.

3) Monkey socks: I've turned the heel and set up the gusset on sock one.

4) Thank you socks: number one is finished. Number two has been cast on.

5) Secret project. Phases one through three are complete, and phase four is about half done.

6) Bunny sweater. I've done about six inches of the back.

7) Man mittens. One mitten done, one cuff nearly done on mitten number two.

I have new yarn for the Cookie A. Knitty Gritty socks. Plus, and here's how dumb I am, I have all this leftover grey yarn from The Man's sweater in two shades of grey, but I went out and bought sock yarn to make fair isle socks for The Man in--wait for it--two shades of grey.

Oooooooh. I almost forgot.

8) Flower power socks. Sock one is complete. Time to pick up stitches from the cuff to work sock two.


All of this bores me. I want to play with my new yarn, but I'm not even going to take it out of the plastic to feel it. No new sock yarn until at least two other projects are done.

No comments: