Sunday, November 18, 2007

Part one

Here's an update on current works in progress. But first, a diversion:


Here's my new yarn.





I promised I wouldn't touch it until I finish some other stuff. However, when I was putting it safely in the stash so as not to be tempted, I accidentally touched it through a gap in the plastic bag. I know I don't sound innocent, but I am innocent.


Back to works in progress.


Fleece Artist socks. "Mermaid" colorway. In the hank, this yarn looked blue. In real life, not remotely done justice by my unskilled photography, it is a blend of blue, purple, green, and gold. Lovely. These are meant for someone else, but I sure do love this yarn. Plus, this is a toe-up pattern, so they start out like this:



.....and end up like this:



Neato. One sock down. Toe on second sock completed.


Flower Power socks from the sock club:


One finished. It's time to pick up stitches from the second lace cuff and work the second sock.

Man mittens: One down, starting thumb gusset of second mitten.

I've fiddled with the pattern for this one. It calls for a spiral decrease at the top, but I think that's ugly, so I've been working plain sock-style decreases, i.e., two pairs of k2tog, k2, ssk. This is from the leftover Rowan Yorkshire Tweed. The 1x1 ribbed cuff looks a little sloppy, but I like the rustic feel of the yarn in the stockinette portion of the mitten.

No comments: