Monday, December 10, 2007

Goodbye Monkey Socks

The flash is not working on my camera and I'm too lazy to figure out why, so deal with it.

Zee Monkey Socks, zey are feeneeshed, and are on their way to someone who could use a pick me up.


Zee ugly Flower Power socks, zey are feeneeshed alzo, and they are maybe not so ugly. I wished I'd knit them in the next smaller girth size and about 1/4 inch longer, but hey. We are about expression, not perfection.



GK helped with the photography. He keeps a close watch on me to make sure I don't go away.


Tofu sock number one is also finished, and sock two has been cast on. I gave up on the idea that one cannot, under any circumstances, change needles. I swapped out the bent metal ones for straight bamboo ones of the same size, and everything went smoothly after that. Does The Man have nice legs, or does he have nice legs? And look at YB back there, being a good boy.


I cast on the fronts to my purple cardigan. I am trying to knit them both at the same time, on the same circular needle, side-by-side, from separate balls of yarn. I saw a tip that this is a good way to ensure symmetry. We'll see. I'll probably end up knitting them together at some point. However, if this works, I can do the sleeves the same way and maybe finished this baby up in a month or so.

You'll never believe this, but I also pulled out ye olde beagle blanket and did a few repeats of the pattern while watching the foosball yesterday.

No comments: