Monday, August 4, 2008

Froggy!

Here's the thing about Froggy. I love her. She's beautiful and all. But I felted her just a little. It's not that bad. Really. The thing is, though, I was aiming higher than "not that bad." I give myself a B. Um, I learned a lot, and I suppose that's good. I've always been good at patterns and now I'm getting good at tidy increases and decreases, and I'm making real progress at seaming. I'm still working on blocking, but this time around I learned a really important how-not-to. If you have recently suggested that I teach you about blocking and would now like to change your mind without hurting my feelings, we can just pretend you never asked.






See? Not that bad. It even looks a bit chenille-ish, which isn't such an awful thing. I even confined my post-fuck-up tantrum to a few sniffles and an hour so of feeling a little sad, and then I moved on without any extra calm-making medication. That is also progress.



Here's a first (not really, but a first for Dirtbunny):




The classic knitblogger photo-of-self-in-bathroom-mirror shot featuring yours truly and a surprise guest.


I wasn't going to include this next one because of the glare from the flash, but I think it gives you an important insight into exactly what my life is like around here:




Dirtbunny, when at home, is never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, EVER alone.



And what about the Elephant Blanket. Is it done yet?




Not yet.

No comments: