Saturday, November 1, 2008

Sob

As promised, here is a photo of The Man's red sweater in natural light:



He is getting a haircut later today and hasn't shaved in a few days, so he asked to have his head cut off. It's about the sweater, not the model.



Can you see the problem? It isn't my fault. I swear! I followed all the rules of dye lots. I almost cried. When oh when is Bunny ever going knit a half-decent adult-sized sweater? I despair. Sob!
Kirby sez: "How can you go outside without friend Kirby?"
And these are also done:

They are perfect, exactly what yarn in this colorway is supposed to produce. Ugly, but perfect. They were toe-up by the way. Dirtbunny usually goes top-down.

And now I am down to four projects, none of which are suitable for the car or easily transported. Ima gonna have to start another pair of socks. The stash is out, but nothing is calling to me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I notice nothing on the sweater other than that it is lovely, perfectly conceived, and impeccably constructed.

Anonymous said...

I thought that the color bands were a desired effect and that the sweater was a post-modernistic reaction to the reindeer and Christmas tree sweaters seen in November and December. I am expecting to see it in the Guggenheim one day.