Saturday, February 28, 2009

Foiled

So here's a boring pair of mini socks in leftover Fleece Artist merino, colorway "mermaid."




I show you that first because I want you to know that I can knit, despite what you are about to see.




Q: Where do beginning beginners begin when they learn to knit?



A: Garter stitch scarf.




I don't believe Dirtbunny has ever made a garter stitch scarf before. She does everything the hard way. But I knit myself a Bianconeri scarf in lovely garter stitch.






Except, of course, where it is not garter stitch:




I call it the Bianconeri Scarf of Drunken Champions League Woe.


Sigh. They are playing Napoli today, and Napoli is in free fall, so it seems like a perfect time to (1) bench ADP on the ostensible basis of resting him and (2) pull off a surprising loss to a far inferior team. Oh well. And Camoranesi is broken.
At least there's Gigi. Maybe he'll wear his purple kit again.
I am doing the collar of the crimson cardigan. 24 rows to go. If I finish before, say 3:00, we are going to the yarn store to buy buttons. If I don't, then I'm going to the yarn store on Monday after work. It's pretty (hee hee). I can hardly wait.
I hope it fits

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure it will fit *knocks on wood*