Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Killing time

The Man is not home from work yet, so I can't watch any of my Champions League recordings. Plus, I went to the eye doctor after work and got my eyes dilated, so I can't read. If I jack up the magnification on my laptop, take off my glasses, and lean in reeeeeeeel close, I can see well enough to blog. So here is what we have on the needles:




This would be the September sock club sock. These colors are Not for Dirtbunny, so I'm giving them to the Old Man when they are finished. The first one turned out all jacked up--cuff too short, foot too long--so the plan is to get the second sock right, then rip back the first one and knit it to match.





This is the Flower Basket shawl in lovely merino lace weight from Blue Moon Fiber Arts. It is lace and therefore it


(all together now)


LOOKS LIKE ASS!


But it is coming along nicely and will block out beautifully, I'm sure. I'm on repeat number six, and there are a total of seventeen, and it grows by 20 stitches per repeat so that's, that's ummmm a buttload more to go.

[Spellcheck thinks "buttload" should be two words, but clearly it is only one word.]





That should look familiar, because it is exactly like the grey stripey sock I did last summer because that's what you get when you have a leftover yarn compulsion-slash-fetish and you bought too much yarn. And next to it is a minisock from leftover July yarn.



And this, my friends, is the felted dog bed, which is not yet felted. The pattern calls for bulky weight and a finished diameter of 17 inches, but I'm using worsted weight Manos in green and scraps and I want a finished diameter of about, gee I don't know, beagle-sized or so. And of course it has to be bigger than that so there's room for it to shrink when I felt it. And then I'm going to edge it with the blue and green eyelashey stuff.
OK, I really don't know what the fuck I'm doing with the dog bed. But it's a DOG BED. Who cares if I fuck it up?
Guess what? I don't know how to felt either. Well, there was that one time, but it was an accident so it doesn't count.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The socks go really well with the pattern on the table. I don't know if they will look nearly as nice on feet with hairy legs sticking out the top.