Sunday, July 26, 2009

I hope you're sitting down

So I just finished the March socks whilst watching the exciting finale of the Tour de France. I've had my Lance Armstrong fix for the year, and now I'm just sad that's the end of my new secret Swiss boyfriend for a while. And so here are the March socks.



So, on to the May socks, right?







This is going to blow your mind.



I STARTED THE JULY SOCKS BEFORE THE MAY SOCKS.
.
.
.
I STARTED THE JULY SOCKS BEFORE THE MARCH SOCKS WERE FINISHED.
.
.
.
.
I AM WORKING SOCK CLUB SOCKS OUT OF ORDER!




The Earth is still rotating on its axis. I wanted to see what would happen, and all is well. Or I guess it would be more accurate to say all is normal.




So now my oldest project is boring old mindless monkey knitting socks. And my second oldest project is lace:




This is the kimono shawl, worked in sport weight sock yarn. I am not going to have enough, so I'm getting more, and working on a way to obscure any dye lot variation issues. I am pretty confident I'll figure it out. I really like this purple stuff. A buddy made a Baby Surprise Jacket for The Bean from this yarn, and I knew I had to have some.
.
.
.
By the way, knitting lace with regular yarn is way easier than knitting lace with lace weight yarn. I highly recommend it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, the earth is still spinning on its axis and Obama is still telling us how his health care plan will save money despite all the evidence to the contrary - just ignore the Congressional Budget Office report, the experiences in Mass and Tx and human nature. Oh well, here comes another entitlement program.

Anonymous said...

After digesting the recent sock-club heresy, I begin to hope that you may choose, someday, to set aside a book you don't like rather than pursue your reading to its grim, unsatisfying, but puritanically sound conclusion. Nope, that could neve happen!

In other news, of course his plan won't save money. If he gave up on a corrupt for-profit private-sector model that has worked wonders for the health "care" industry but left us unhealthy and gouged to the quick, we might save money. But he won't, and we won't. I agree with you that the rest is just theater.

Anonymous said...

Guilty as charged! I have had "The Heart is a Lonely Hunter" on my night stand for two months waiting to be finished. It is just too depressing but Do I put it back on the book shelf; NO!!!

Anonymous said...

With the accumulation of unknit yarn and instructions that have never been chewed by a dog perhaps you shouls just stop creating angst by 1) dropping your sock club membership; 2) donating accumulated yarn to others; 3) taking a deep breath, sitting back and enjoying the Yankee's season and; 4) taking up a less stressful hobby such as spoiling the man and waiting on him 24/7.

Dirtbunny said...

You are counseling Dirtbunny to give up? Promise me you'll never volunteer at a suicide hotline.

Anonymous said...

Did I write "give up"? No, I am simply counseling that peraps knitting is creating unnecessary stress in your life. An alternative was proposed that would serve two purposes: avoid the frustration of an unending stash and pampering the Man as he deserves. (n.b. "pampering" in not upper case)