Sunday, August 2, 2009

Math trouble

So here's a question for you. If you are making a cardigan and want both sides of the front to be the same size, is it best to knit the same number of rows on each side, or is it more accurate to measure and knit the same number of centimeters?


The correct answer is: Neither. Both methods lie. The only thing you can do is some twisted combination of the two and hope for the best.




My buttonholes do not match my button places, so I am going to have to realign my button markers. I've stopped aiming for perfect accuracy. It will turn out OK in the end.
By the way, this is a cardigan from Pam yarn. You may remember it from swatch day. Also, I am showing you a completed blue Regia self-striping sock. I told you it was nothing exciting. The stitch and pitch squares are almost done, and I'm thinking about what my next project should be. I've got a few sweaters on the list, and a cookie box full of leftover sock yarn, and a closet full of new sock yarn, and three or four Knitty.com patterns printed out and waiting for me.

No comments: