Wednesday, May 12, 2010

*blows raspberry*

Just in time for preliminary World Cup call-ups, I present to you the most recent of the 2010 WC Collection by Dirtbunny:




The red and yellow there is for La Furia Roja (Spain).  The good part is finished, but I still have to weave in ends.  The green, white, and red is for El Tri (Mexico).  The blue and white is for Los Catrachos (Honduras).  It was supposed to have one more blue stripe but I ran out of yarn.  Aaaaaannnnd, the white one, which I started yesterday, is for the All Whites (New Zealand).

The All Whites got their name thusly:  The NZ national rugby team is the All Blacks, on account of their black uniforms.  When the NZ national football team came along, they wore white uniforms, hence, the All Whites.

I don't know if I'm happy about any of these.  Clarabelle keeps telling me that the Spanish kit this year is more black and red than yellow and red; the Honduras kit is not going to resemble the Honduran flag as it traditionally has; and the Mexican kit has a much heavier emphasis on the green than my rendition.  Clarabelle sez that no one would recognize any of the scarves I've done (except possibly the Albicelestes, for Argentina).  Clarabelle sez I am a failure as a designer and it probably would have been cheaper to buy team scarves than to buy yarn to make scarves, and the purchased ones would look better.  Clarabelle sez that if I can't even stack colors together in straight lines to make a decent-looking scarf, then how can I possibly expect the pink cable cardi (which I "designed" myself from a book of standard patterns) to turn out properly.  Clarabelle is some kinda pain in the ass, isn't she?

The FIGC announced the preliminary Azzurri squad yesterday.  We are most displeased.   The good news is that Idiot Il Mister (who has been testing me for a while and has now achieved official DeadToMe status) is so effing predictable that I scored 28 out of 30 in The Offside's WC Prediction Game.  Well, actually, I sacrificed JoeBeppe Rossi for, well, guess, but I never really expected it to happen, so the highest score I could have gotten was 29.  (If you care, I had Legrottaglie instead of Candreva, and I am not disappointed to have gotten that one wrong.)  Which means Dirtbunny, renowned football expert based on her lengthy association with sophisticated tactical analysis since October 2009, only missed one of Il Mister DeadToMe's picks.  



No, I've changed my mind.  This is not good news.  This is bad news.  This is very bad news.


Dirtbunny's list did not contain her assessment of the 30 best players, or the 30 players who, in combination, would be most likely to bring home the big trophy, or even her personal favorites.  Dirtbunny's list was based entirely on guessing what Il Mister DeadToMe would do, and it was distressingly accurate.  I mean, I love these guys, these Beloved Heroes from Days of Yore,  but on the whole they are old.  They are tired.  They are slow.  They are/have been injured this year.  They haven't been playing very much even for their club teams.  Or some combination of all of that. 


*sigh*


I could go on and on, but I'll do one brief rant and then I'll call it a day.

THERE IS NO WAY ANYONE CAN POSSIBLY CONVINCE ME THAT QUAGS IS SUPERIOR TO ADP IN ANY WAY WHATSOEVER, AND CERTAINLY NOT IN SKILL, TALENT, CURRENT FORM, TEAM COHESIVENESS, INTERNATIONAL EXPERIENCE, OR LEADERSHIP.  NO FUCKING WAY.  OF ALL THE INEXPLICABLE CHOICES, WHY QUAGS?  WHY?  WHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHY?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But is he Quags better looking?

Dirtbunny said...

AAAAAIIIIIIEEEEEE! NO! QUAGS IS NOT BETTER LOOKING!