Sunday, June 15, 2008

That was Fun!

Sadly, Poppy's Sheep Blanket is finished. It was a kick to knit, and now it's over. Kirby helped me take a picture:



Oh, well. Plenty more going on in Bunny's knitting bag. I've got about about six inches a week going on the purple scarf. I've got the second blue ribbed sock started. I've got the March sock club sock started. I've got a tiger sock going. All of the pieces parts for Poppy's sweater are done and I could finish in a couple hours if I felt like sewing it up. I have a hard time sewing a nice seam. I normally just do it however, and it shows. But this is for someone else, so I want to do it correctly, so I'm going to have to teach myself some finishing techniques. Lucky for Poppy (not like he cares, but I do), I have something like 50 books with finishing demos in them. We'll be OK.

I tried to take a week off from the teal sweater, but I only made it five days. I am going to need some simple, portable stuff to do at some upcoming seminars, so I cast on a sleeve.

No, it is not rude to knit during these things:
  1. It's a video, so I won't be distracting the speakers.
  2. Nearly everyone there (I can say from experience) is going to be reading the paper anyway.
  3. Those who are not reading the paper will be fooling around with their blackberries.
  4. If you are not convinced, then please explain to me why knitting is more rude than #2 or #3. Also, since I have to go to get credits for maintaining my bar license, i.e., it's mandatory, and since none of it is going to be directly relevant to the tiny sub-niche of the very specialized area in which I practice (and no such courses are offered), please explain to me why I should suffer when no one else is.
  5. I can't just sleep. I snore. That would be a distraction to everyone else.
  6. If I wanted to pay attention, which I don't, I could knit and pay attention at the same time.

It's time to cast on something for The Bean. I haven't decided what, yet, but I have a shopping bag full of pretty pretty yarn to choose from.

No comments: