Monday, January 19, 2009

Dirtbunny's Superpower: Revealed AT LAST!

Have you ever wondered what your superpower would be if you were a superhero? I have. I wonder about stuff like that a lot. I have finally discovered at least one of mine (although I hope to discover others at some point):


Dirtbunny can knit clothing that makes the wearer invisible:







...as long as you stay on that carpet, anyway. Photos are courtesy of the Old Folks, who are about to embark on one of their epic travels to another hemisphere. If my Rangers fan friend posts while they are gone, then we'll know he is real, or that they have internet service on South American cruise ships.
In other sock news: the extra July yarn came at last, so the July sock club socks are done at last:


There they are, posed next to Bunny's other BFF (aside from Kirby), namely, Mr. Chapstick, without whom Bunny cannot function. I know I'm not alone in this, because I saw Terrell Owens with his Mr. Chapstick on the sidelines during one of this season's football games.
We have one sleeve of the crimson sweater done, and three out of five balls of yarn knitted into the brown beagle wubbie, and a mini sock done, and I may someday finish the first 20 rows of 1x1 ribbing on the Earl Grey socks. 1 x 1 ribbing on size zero needles in navy blue. I can't see what I'm doing unless I sit under a bright light, take my glasses off, and hold them up to my face, which is not a comfortable way to knit. Three more rows of that, and them I'm on to the pattern, which should go less tediously.

No comments: