Saturday, January 10, 2009

A Strange Day

So last night I got under the covers at about 5 pm because I was cold, and I ended up sleeping until 8:30 this morning. Needless to say, everything since then has been a bit off. I am heartily glad that the holidays are over. All of the stuff is back in boxes and bins where it belongs, and the winter break for el futbol is finally over. This week, they re-ran some Serie A games, so I got to see all my boyfriends again, and later today they'll start giving us some new games. My mission in life, and my only goal for today, is to stay awake until bedtime so I can reset my sleep clock. So far, it isn't easy.

Now that the winter cardigan is done, I can in good conscience start the crimson cardigan. I hate doing sleeves, so this time I started with a sleeve and here is what there is so far:



Love love love. As I work with this yarn I can help but mutter little endearments to it. Good little yarn. Pretty yarn. So soft. So smooth. Not shedding at all. Love this yarn. Love love love. In July, when I'm still working on it, we'll see if I love it as much.


In my addled-oversleeped state, I was able to go round and round on a plain sock, and I finished Not The Man's socks, so they will be going to the Old Man soon.





And last weekend, I finished the Manos scarf. I worked this in two-row stripes: one solid row, one variegated row in a complementary color, 1x1 ribbing throughout. Interesting colors, but not quite right for me, so this will go off to someone else.




In other knitting news, the first sock of the July sock club socks is finished. It took more than half the skein, so I'll need another skein to finish the pair. This is not ideal. I like the pattern, however, and I'll probably use it again. In a few weeks, I'll get another sock club sock to work on, so that'll put me at July, July prime, September, November, and January. Way way behind, and not a single one depletes the stash. Plus my cookie box full of sock yarn remnants is full, so I need to do some mini socks in order to create storage space. For now, it's el futbol and the mindless stockinette in the round of the last brown beagle wubbie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What does the man think of Benitez's comment thar Sir Alex gets favorable treatment from league officials and is allowed to criticize referees without penalty?

No Gigi for Juve today - that heart trob is still out but another Juve win.

My bird reminds me that that I didn't answer your question about "association football". Soccer comes from a shortening of association.

It breaks my heart that Rangers are is such deep financial woes that every player is up for sale.