Friday, January 2, 2009

Secret Project Hermes

Many of you have probably already guessed, but Secret Project Hermes was actually a Man Christmas sweater. It turned out a leetle big, but no dye lot crisis this time, and no major mistakes that I didn't catch in time. Plus, although it sat out in the open next to my desk for the two months or so it took me to finish it, The Man never noticed and was completely surprised. When I can get away with that just by acting casual, it makes me wonder how--HOW?--I could possibly have lost the Battle of the Door. It isn't fair.




So there he is, all clad. He is also pleased with the long johns I got him (although I'm not sure he understands that they are underwear and not pants. Did you know if they have a Y-fly, you are meant to wear something over them, mmmkay?)
The other secret project, and the last completed project of 2008 was a pair of Man mittens, worked in Ye Olde Yarne leftover from the grey sweater. No picture. I remember him pulling them out of his stocking, so I know they're somewhere, but I haven't seen them since Christmas morning and he continues to wear the old grey mittens with the giant hole in them. I knitted the new grey mittens right under his very nose and he never bothered to ask who they were for. Another surprise.
The Man and his Cluelessness:
  • Con: he doesn't notice when I cut my hair or shave my legs.
  • Pro: he doesn't notice when I don't shave my legs either.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pro: He is too courteous to admit that he knew all along what you were doing.

Con: He uses his well established cluelessness to win the big ones: the door, Gettysburg, Midway