Monday, September 28, 2009

La la la lace

I know, I know. Not lace. Those are socks for a nephew.




Now here's some lace:

The flit and float scarf, nearing completion. Well, about 2/3 done, anyway. Yeah. You can't really see it at all. It's based on stockinette stitch, so it's curling in on itself, but when I block it, everything will be wonderful, right?

Hey! What's that next to the flitandfloat?

That's a fair isle sock, baby, in a Scandinavian motif with a Latvian braid. I can do Latvian braids now. That means I can do Latvian mittens if I want. *cackles*

And the piece de resistance (I wish I knew how to make diacritical marks. That just looks wrong without them.):

The Kimono shawl is about 3/4 done. I am very proud of it, so far. When it's done and blocked, I'll have to show you the lace up close. Maybe The Man can be persuaded to model it.

The Undertoe socks for my SIL are also nearly done, and I've started some plain brown socks that I think are for my other nephew, but we'll have to see if I have enough yarn for a pair first, and I won't know until I've finished one whether I have enough for two. The brown yarn was yoogly in the skein, but it's knitting up very nicely. Plus, it's soft.

I hate the Ziggy socks. They suck. But I'll finish them or die trying, or my name isn't Dirtbunny and I don't spend zillions of dollars a year on therapy.



No comments: