Thursday, October 1, 2009

Socks so nice, she made them twice

Remember these?  They were a sock club sock from last year in Bunny's favorite green.  I liked them so much, I used the pattern again for socks for my sister in law. 



And they are done.  And you can't see diddly from this picture.

So.  Why do I like them?  I like the heel detail:




I like the way the slip stitch pattern on the heel flap continues around the heel to the bottom of the foot.  Looks sharp and feels nice on the foot too.

And I like the double cable pattern down the front:



Pretty.  But they're done now (sigh) and I am determined to finish the stupid Kimono shawl this weekend.  Thus, although my next sock club sock is here, I am not starting it yet.  I really mean it this time.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lucky sister in law!