Monday, October 26, 2009

Exciting Stuff

I thought I'd show you some of the stuff I recently finished, but the photos are crap and now the stuff is gone and can't be re-photoed.  So this is the best I can do.



2x2 ribbed scarf, in a melange of red Pam yarn and a dark grey yarn, plus a hat made from the leftovers.






Purple socks for my sister-in-law, from leftover Kimono shawl yarn, and already en route.


I've started a new shawl, but it's black, and there isn't enough pattern yet for it to be worth showing off.  I thought I had enough yarn to finish it, but now I'm not so sure, and that means going stash-diving to see if there's more.   Stash-diving is interesting, because I always find something I had forgotten about, and I usually end up distracted from the task at hand and going off in some unanticipated direction.  Since there is very little in my life that is not anticipated, that is a good thing.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stash diving! Who knows what it could lead to (cue the trumpets!)? Something cool would be my guess, based on past performance.

Anonymous said...

"Stash diving" now apparently means something completely different from what it meant in 1967, which was a very good year for many reasons.

Dirtbunny said...

As if "Anonymous" knows anything at all about the sort of "stash diving" that was in vogue back in 1967.