Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The Man to the Rescue

So I lost a needle down the side of the sofa cushions. This threw off my day. I could have gotten out needle five (I normally do socks with four needles, but they come in sets of five) and finish off the toe of the October sock club socks, but I was too busy pouting and thinking about what a loser I am. (If one of the litigants I deal with at work wrote this, it would say "looser" instead of "loser.") I had a good long pout. Eventually, The Man came home from the grocery store and, after only about an hour, he noticed that something was seriously wrong with Dirtbunny's attitude. Bunny's attitude is often pretty bad. I don't know if it took him so long to notice because he's clueless or because one of my bad moods doesn't look much different from an ordinary mood.



I could have just told him what happened, but that would defeat the purpose of stewing in it.



Anyway, he noticed, I told him, he stuck his hand down there and fetched it out for me. Isn't he the best? And I finished the socks and here they are:







This is a The Man photo, which means that the toes are ever so slightly cut off at the bottom. I know, I claim to be praising him, and still I can't give him a break. Here is my best photo:




So I have a completed pair of socks and a complete set of needles in the obscure size.



So next, I decided that a cool thing to do with all my leftover sock yarn would be to knit tiny socks and donate them to hospitals or other such charities. Here is my first teeny tiny sock:


Please to notice the nursery-friendly color: grey and dark grey. Every baby's favorite! Plus it's only about 2 1/2 inches long! That's for one teeny tiny baby's teeny tiny foot. It's probably too small to be useful to anyone. Any baby with a foot that small probably has a leg too delicate to stuff through the cuff. Lessons learned, etc. I'll try again a little bigger.

No comments: