Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Fair Isle Sock

When we last visited the Fair Isle socks, Bunny had used 25 grams of dark grey yarn in the first sock and had 25 grams of dark grey yarn left. We return now to the part where Bunny has finished the pattern and needs to knit the toe.


Will



she


make


it?

Doh!

That's Okay. I am not that compulsive. I can do this. I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and gosh darn it people like me!

Deep breath. In. Out. So they won't match exactly. So what? We have egomaniacal dipshits running for President and one of them is going to win, young Americans getting shot at in Iraq where thousands upon thousands of civilians are dead, the homeless are freezing in the streets, some child is being horribly abused right at this moment, and I'm going to care about a pair of socks not matching exactly? (hmm. I got some perspective there, but I can't exactly say I feel better either.)

Look at my handsome monkey enjoying the sunshine! Look at the nearly perfect bad-ass socks I made!


No comments: