Saturday, January 12, 2008

Socktastic

Slowly, the leftover grey yarn gets used up. This a Man sock, knit on size 2 dpn.




All of my color work socks have been accomplished with self-patterning yarn. My mom wears her various Bunny-made socks and strikes up conversations thusly: My daughter made these! The yarn made that pattern! For example, tiger socks with Opal Rainforest tiger stripe self-patterning yarn, which I still have lots of and will make again eventually. But now, Bunny is doing her own color work. Behold:



That, dear readers is one bad-ass fair isle sock. I can hardly contain myself. It is not for The Man, and boy is he jealous.

Problem. I used up 25 grams of the dark color and have exactly 25 grams left for the second sock. Will she make it? Or will there be a weird little light colored stripe at the end of the toe?

No comments: