Thursday, January 17, 2008

More about the socks

So I'm at knitting circle on Tuesday working on leftover grey yarn sock #2. I am asked whether I have enough of the light grey left to finish the second sock because the ball I was working from was awfully small. The answer is I don't know. But I am so smooth and cavalier about it. If I run out, I will just use more of the dark grey. They won't match perfectly, but The Man won't mind so who cares? Certainly not Bunny. Bunny is a roll-with-it type of knitter.

Are you fooled? As soon as Bunny got home, she tore through the stash looking for more of the light grey yarn. Non-matching socks! An abomination! That cannot happen!



There is one more ball of light grey yarn left. I have enough. Crisis averted. Whew. I still freak out a little just thinking about it. God knows what's going to happen if I run out of dark grey to finish the fair isle socks. Great. Now I'm freaking out again. One drama at a time, Bunny. One drama at a time.

The twinkle toes are going swimmingly. They photograph oddly because the lace contracts when it isn't being worn. They are lovely. They are a toe-up sock starting with a figure-8 cast-on. Sock #1 was the first time I ever did a figure-8 cast-on, and it went perfectly. Sock #2, however, took me five attempts before I ended up with something I could live with. I love the pink.


No comments: