Sunday, July 20, 2008

Four, finally

Looks like I didn't completely finish my big mess. Here is the last thing I cleaned up from the pile:




It's a red The Man sweater, in Lamb's Pride, which is a single ply wool and mohair blend. The fact that it's a single is giving an interesting texture to the piece and makes me glad I went for another plain stockinette, since it seems that's what this yarn most wants to be.

Here at the close of the bell is the state of the mess:



That little bit of fair isle there in the back on the dish towel doesn't count because it's drying after blocking. It has to stay out. You can't see it very well anyway on account of the flamingo wind chimes hanging from the light fixture. Yeah, yeah, I'm going to put them back outside at some point.

So what exactly do we have in the last remnants of the pile?

There's patterns and doodads and books, of course, but let's talk about the knitting. On the left, we have a pair of child-size (I hope) mittens from green Jelli Beenz acrylic leftover from the ridiculous green hat. I taught someone how to knit mittens last week and these just sort of happened. I need about 45 minutes to an hour to finish the last one.

And over on the right we have a blue and white v-neck cable sweater, which I think of as a tennis sweater, and tennis makes me think of Bud Collins, so it's a Bud Collins sweater. What a skeevy old geezer he is. But the sweater makes me happy.

In the front we have the second March sock club sock, cuff done and all set up and ready to do five repeats of the pattern before starting the heel gusset. It has been about a week since I touched this, and now I find that it's the one piece I've wanted to be knitting on all along. Sigh. That's what comes from having so many goddamned things on the needles at once. I have trouble keeping my priorities straight.

Bunny has a big stressful week coming up, which means she'll need the knitting but won't have the time she wants to do it.

No comments: