Sunday, July 13, 2008

"Teal" sweater heartbreak

She don't fit. Her bodice is too short and calls inappropriate attention to The Girls, and not in a good way. (A boss of mine once expressed his discomfort with enforcing dress codes [particularly a pantyhose requirement] thusly: I'm looking at your legs, and I don't like what I see, is not a conversation I want to have.) I really want this sweater to work, and there was only a four-row bit where I could have tried to lengthen it, and four rows was not enough to block out the problem.

So I have frogged the goddamn thing. I've spent the last two days (on a yarn crawl and) frogging it back, then reknitting the four rows into about three inches, and I had hoped to divide the top for fronts and back but it turns out I can't read so I ended up with the wrong number of stitches and so now I have to frog a couple hundred stitches again and, well, I decided to take a little break. Her new name is "Froggy," which sounds better to me than "teal" sweater anyway.

Truly, the two days during which I convinced myself that it wasn't right and something had to be done, and settled on the decision to frog, was much worse than the actual experience of frogging and starting over from the half-way point. If only I could read everything would be hunky dory.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is "frog" a faux cuss word like "frak?"